Art and Poetry


Fields Beyond
6" x 8"
Oil on linen panel
$500

This little painting certainly falls into one of my enduring motifs: a huge sky over a vast area of land or water. I love the grandeur of a big sky, the sense of awe and I strive to make the viewer feel like they are on the edge of that vista, taking it all in. For that to be effective, because the subject itself is so big, I like to keep the painting simple. My personal aesthetic leans towards minimalism and simplicity in art -- and well, everything really.

And everything includes poetry. Another of my passions is writing tiny, minimal poems that I post on my blog, Noodle. "Fields Beyond" inspired the following little poem:

blue paint
against the whole sky
words are puny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Acquisition - Artists buying Art

Gelatin Monotype Trade

36 Droplets