Wetlands Palette Knife Oil Painting


Wetlands
6" x 6"
Oil on panel
SOLD

Another motif I've explored over the years is marshes and wetlands. This was painted a couple of months ago and my challenge was to give a sense of lushness and atmosphere. By using the palette knife and letting the painting be as abstract as it needed to be, I feel happy about the piece.

Painting loosely or more abstractly is a style or phase that I cycle through periodically. My art journey seems to be one of rebellion: if I'm painting thinly and using brushes for a time, then a major urge to paint fat and juicy with a knife overtakes me. If I'm painting dark paintings, then soon enough, a desire for light paintings will follow.

That's why I love these little ones so much. I feel much freer to indulge my creative whims without all the sturm und drang of a larger, serious gallery piece (love those too, of course).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Acquisition - Artists buying Art

Gelatin Monotype Trade

36 Droplets