The Lost and Found




Found it! Actually, I hadn't realized I lost it. When I got a new box of conte sticks several months back (delicious colors!), I wanted to see how they layered and made this image to experiment with that. After I finished, I put the drawing into one of my works-on-paper binders and promptly forgot about it. This morning, as I was flipping through the binders, VOILA!


Works-on-paper binder with English Bay Monotypes


 Turns out that this first image made with the new conte colors is similar to the English Bay Monotype series I did last year. That was not the intention though, I was just fooling around with color and a new medium. Originally, I had planned for the series to be monotypes only, but now that I've  experienced the joys of conte, perhaps I should reconsider?

Is it acceptable for a series to have more than one medium? If I made some papier mache vessels that worked within the concept, can I include those too?

I certainly don't feel done with the English Bay series as monotypes yet and have plans for more at some point. The English Bay series also exists as a continuing short poem series on my poetry site, Noodle.

unbound, the English Bay
in fog – not seen
some weird duck

All this talk of English Bay makes me homesick. I lived there for many years and miss the daily walks on the Stanley Park Seawall and the surrounding beaches (and the french fries with tartar sauce! Mmmm).

Hmmm...pondering. It sort of reminds me of a pond actually.


Abstract drawing on Stonehenge
Conte, graphite
Image size: 5" x 5"
Paper size: 6" x 6"


Comments

  1. In my opinion a series can include works of different media. You are still working on the same idea, and that's a series.

    But what do I know about anything?
    not much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karine, I think so too, after some reflection. And by the way, judging by your art and your blog, you know A LOT! :-)

    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

A New Acquisition - Artists buying Art

Gelatin Monotype Trade

36 Droplets